1. Shield and Weatherproof! One of the most efficient HEATING AND COOLING system worldwide could not offset an improperly shielded house. Drafty windows and door seals and under-insulated attics as well as exterior wall surfaces could create your HVAC to work double-time attempting to keep up.
2. Not all home heating, air flow as well as cooling (COOLING AND HEATING) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to cooling and heating. So making wise decisions regarding your house's HEATING AND COOLING system can have a big effect on your utility bills-- and also your convenience.
3. Heating and air conditioning prices represent almost half the house's total energy costs. If your air conditioning device is greater than Ten Years old, replacing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency model can cut your air conditioning prices by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioning conditioners have a higher seasonal energy performance proportion (SEER) than conventional models, which makes them regarding 14% extra effective compared to basic designs. The higher the SEER, the greater the effectiveness. Given that sizing and appropriate installment of an air conditioning system are critical to energy efficiency and also house comfort, it is important to work with a certified professional.
5. Heat pumps that get the Smart Energy Savers Program have a higher seasonal power efficiency proportion (SEER) and home heating seasonal performance aspect (HSPF) compared to conventional versions, that makes them concerning 8% percent more effective compared to basic brand-new models as well as 20% a lot more reliable than exactly what you could currently have in your home.
6. Natural gas heating systems qualifying for refunds have yearly gas use performance (AFUE) rankings of 92%, www.dorrianheating.com or greater, making them as much as 15% a lot more efficient than conventional designs. One in four furnaces in U.S. residences today is more than 20 years old. Certifying natural gas heating systems make use of innovative modern technology to supply higher effectiveness than common brand-new heaters readily available today.
7. High-efficiency heating and cooling devices received the BGE refund meet or surpass the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR ® requirements for product performance.
8. When is it time to change your main cooling and heating system?
When your tools requires constant fixings as well as your energy bills are enhancing.
When your heat pump or air conditioning system is greater than Ten Years old. Consider changing it with a newer, extra power effective equipment that fulfills the Smart Energy Savers Program refund effectiveness levels
When your furnace is more than 15 years old. Think about changing it with a newer, extra energy-efficient heating system that meets the Smart Energy Savers Program discount effectiveness levels.
9. Although these items can be a lot more pricey to buy in advance, the expense distinction will be repaid gradually through lower power bills. Make certain to ask your professional concerning Smart Energy Savers Program Heating & Air conditioning Discounts which can dramatically help reduce the distinction in rate between common and high-efficiency products.
10. Correct maintenance can go a long way in stopping future heating and cooling system issues. Ask your specialist concerning annual pre-season examinations. Specialists often get extremely hectic throughout summer season and winter season, so it's a smart idea to inspect the air conditioning system in the springtime and also the heating system in the fall.